Monday, June 7, 2010

Little blond boy

Walking through the grocery store my husband was looking at this adorable little boy. He was in the shopping cart had a big round sweet face with feathery blond hair. He reminded me of our boys when they were small. His dad and mom were near by grocery shopping unaware of the memories and emotions the sight brought to me. My husband said "Now there's the life" While I didn't want to go back (I love my adult kids and the lives they are making for themselves.) I could see the sweetness in the scene, very heartwarming. Looking toward my husband he said "Going to the store in shorts and no shoes, being pushed around the store while eating a cracker and no one cares. Now there's the life. I wish I could get away with that." Bubble popped, I said "Give it a few years."

No comments: